In 1983 our Institute founded a Fund of Solidarity with the aim of financing projects to meet the needs of the poorest, as indicated by our communities operating in underdeveloped areas, so that through our Sisters we may all broaden our commitment of human solidarity: a commitment not only of charity but of justice as well.
The Fund is constantly fed with specific contributions from our Italian provinces and communities, and along with it a small contribution comes from external sources, such as that of pupils of our schools or persons assisted by us. Then, twice a year, in April and October, allotments from the Fund, duly subsidized by the Centre in answer to specific requests, are distributed among “our” poor .
Requests include a large variety of needs, like:
- a more solid and decent dwelling place for a family packed in a hut that cannot shelter it from the rain;
- a pair of oxen for a poor farmer whose only source of income is his work in the fields;
- equipment for an able young man to start a small handicraft shop;
- medicines and nourishing food for patients who have no access to proper treatment and where expensive surgery is not provided for by any public facility;
- providing children with what they need to attend school;
- the dowry for a daughter of a poor family who cannot afford it;
- to pay off a debt incurred for an urgent need and save those concerned from serious danger .. .
and so many other situations of great concern to our Sisters.
Thousands of people have by now found relief to their needs over these twenty years of activity of the Fund., through allotments that amount to about 300,000 Euros per year, distributed among various Countries in Asia, Latin America and Africa, where our Sisters are carrying out their service of charity. We count on the contributions of our communities in Italy and on those of our benefactors keep up a commitment that is one of justice even more than one of charity.
Experience shows us once again that so much good sown in silence and in little gestures of human kindness can do marvellous things. Our efforts to voice the needs of the poor and all the help given them is greatly appreciated and compensated by letters of thanks and promises of prayer for all their benefactors.
Subsidized projects in the second semester 2009
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2010
Subsidized projects in the second semester 2010
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2011
Subsidized projects in the second semester 2011
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2012
Subsidized projects in the second semester 2012
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2013
Subsidized projects in the second semester 2013
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2014
Subsidized projects in the second semester2014
Subsidized projects in the first half-yearly term 2015